Thursday, August 6, 2009

W Montreal

For our second anniversary, we pulled up outside W Montreal. I parked nervously between a Lamborghini and a Jaguar coupe right outside the hotel in the 15 minute parking zone and walked into the reception. I gave the receptionist my name and then asked which way to the parking entrance. I was told that the hotel has a valet service and if I'd give him the keys, he will gladly have it taken care for me.

"But I'd really prefer to park the car myself. Is that possible?"

"Most certainly sir! May I know which car you are driving?".

An awkwardly long pause followed. Then I said it.

"Ummm Ford. Focus."

The receptionist gave me a polite smile and I handed him the keys without any further hesitation or cause for embarassment.

You see, in my defense, I'd just had an accident, this was a rental car, and I was trying to protect it from wind itself if I could.

Aaaaanyways. We spent the rest of the weekend at, what we now call, the best hotel we've ever stayed at (including Hilton Cancun). The W Montreal. Everything from the service to the decor to the hospitality to the atmosphere of this hotel is worth every penny. Here are some of the pictures from our trip.

The Lobby




Our floor




The Room






About the dark pictures, the whole hotel has a really club like feel to it, and this is how dark the actual room is.






The most relaxing rain shower ever!


City shots






Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal




Les Glaceurs - Cupcake & Ice Cream Parlour







The amazing view I had later one night at Starbucks. This guy was standing about two feet from my face, scratching non-stop for a good half an hour. They were all looking at a laptop their friend had.



Before leaving, we slow danced to this song in our room playing on Mehreen's aged iPod. Oh and the room also had an iPod player/alarm clock.




More information available at our Montreal Wedding Photography website www.AliphAurMeem.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

About AliphAurMeem

AliphAurMeem is a wedding photography company based out of Ontario, Canada. We offer our services in Toronto, Ottawa and nearby cities on a regular basis and other North American cities upon request.

If you would like to get in touch with us, just shoot us an email at AliphAurMeem [at] gmail [dot] com or call us up at 613.219.4648 or 613.252.3012. We offer personal and complimentary consultation sessions in Ottawa and Toronto at this time.

p.s. In case you were wondering, Aliph = 'A', Meem = 'M' and Aur = 'And' in Urdu. When translated, these are the initials of AliphAurMeem's lead photographers Asad and Mehreen.